5 things to do in New Orleans while there for CTIA
May 9, 2012 — by WEBOOST
So you are going to CTIA this year in the beautiful city of New Orleans. In between meetings, lunch appointments, and walking the show floor, you’ve got to find some time to explore the city. Since your time is limited, we took the guesswork out of things. Check out this quick guide we’ve complied to help you out.
1. Relax in Jackson Square. Located in the heart of the French Quarter, you absolutely cannot miss a visit to Jackson Square. Artists and merchants alike gather at the square, so you can be sure to get a feel for the New Orleans flair when you’re there. After spending all day on the show floor walking around on your aching feet, you can rest them on a bench at Jackson Square in the shade of an oak tree.
2. Take a ride (or two) on a streetcar. Traveling by streetcar is a great way to see the city. You can hop on any of the three lines, (the St. Charles, the Canal Street, and the Riverfront), all of which begin at the heart of the city and branch outward. For only $1.25 one-way, this is a great way to see the city.
3. Eat. New Orleans has some of the best food in the country, so don’t miss out! I know you’re concerned about your diet, but just leave it at home. Hey, it will still be there when you get back! Besides, you’re probably burning thousands of calories just by walking that CTIA show floor.
4. Take a walk down Magazine Street. If you aren’t too sick of walking by now, don’t forget to take a stroll down Magazine Street. According to neworleansonline.com, “no place in New Orleans outside the French Quarter beats Magazine Street. A six-mile-long stretch of this Garden District and Uptown thoroughfare features some of the best antique stores, art galleries, craft shops and classy boutiques to be found anywhere in the city.”
5. Listen to some live music. New Orleans just wouldn’t be New Orleans without a dose or two of live music, and Frenchman Street is just the place to hear it. Make sure and take a listen in between your busy stay.
Don’t forget to come see us in booth 1925! What are you doing this week in New Orleans? Let us know in the comments below or leave us a message on Facebook or Twitter.
For buildings greater than 7500 sq ft, we recommend our WilsonPro brand of products.